Rebooted from a bugcheck

I have been having this problem for a while now. My computer restarts itself randomly! I have un-installed and re-installed and updated numerous drivers. Just today I went into the event viewer and seen this. Just wondering if any of you guys had any ideas? Thanks

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ea (0x89828020, 0x89df1910, 0x8a110240, 0x00000001). A dump was saved in: C:WINDOWSMinidumpMini040911-06.dmp.

WHO CRASHED gave me this:

crash dump file: C:WINDOWSMinidumpMini040911-06.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nv4_disp.dll (nv4_disp+0x29675)
Bugcheck code: 0xEA (0xFFFFFFFF89828020, 0xFFFFFFFF89DF1910, 0xFFFFFFFF8A110240, 0x1)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
file path: C:WINDOWSsystem32nv4_disp.dll
product: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 266.58
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 266.58
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nv4_disp.dll (NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 266.58 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nv4_disp.dll NVIDIA Corporation THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

As per your information your issue is with the Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll

I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Machine self reboots due to bugcheck

yesterday (03/06/2011) one of my machine got rebooted due to bugcheck ..
can you please help me to know that what are the possible causes for this and what may be its remedy. I am attaching two files please check them..

Attachments

• Mini060311-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Restart  EOD System.JPG
    Restart EOD System.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 2
Did you buy this system or build it? Also, in order to help us help you with greater speed please start your own thread. It looks like you are responding to Davulao who is the original poster.

Back