In accordance with a suggestion in this thread, a "total rebuild" of my Windows XP using a slipstreamed SP3 disk. It all seemed to go well, until the final reboot after entering my product key. It hung at the loading screen for about an hour, until I manually rebooted, then it booted into windows normally, except at 800x600 resolution, which I would think isn't abnormal after such a procedure (though I really don't know). I tried to login, and it asked me to activate windows before I can use it. If I click no, it logs me in, then immediately logs me out. If I click yes, I sit at my desktop with nothing but the background and my cursor. I can't do anything. I can boot into safe mode and log in, but it has the unactivated watermark. In safemode, I tried entering in regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll regsvr32.exe licdll.dll Both seem to have worked, but nothing is different. EDIT: I also tried to replace my WPA.dbl file from a different computer...probably a bad idea, but it doesn't seem to have done anything. I've also just tried changing my product key to another one I have, both have not worked. I'm pretty sure both were legit too, and the first one I tried should be the same one I was using before. Thanks.