Recent Problem with Windows 7 BSOD's and Application Response

Hey guys, I'd be over the moon if anyone could possibly help me with this since it's driving me crazy.

Basically, for some reason recently my applications keep crashing, basically not responding and then after a while closing, or even if I leave it and wait for it to respond it will never respond, it requires a shutdown. Even my Windows Explorer is started to take a while to respond and occasionally crashes. Also, whenever I try and reopen one of these applications, such as Steam, it will not reopen. I see the task in the task menu, but it will just stay there for a while and then close itself without giving me any notification and repeats when I try to reopen it, it actually requires a restart to work.

But then here's another problem, I can't shut down my computer without a BSOD coming up. My games keep coming up with critical errors and then there will be problems with launching the game since my Steam keeps crashing. This is the most frequent program that crashes, but it's also my internet and content such as images or video's will crash as well. I also can't play media from my desktop when this happens such as music and videos once again. This happens about 5 minutes after my computer is running, when I first launch it it's not exactly quick, (a lot, lot slower than it used to be but I guess that comes with loading it up with games etc...) but at least things load. As well as critical errors I sometimes get a BSOD while playing a game or even just on my application and these have varied from memory management to driver IRQL's or something along those lines.

My system specifications are as follows:

Windows 7 64bit Professional
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe Mobo
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE at stock clocks (3.4GHz)
4 GB 1666 MHz G.skill Ripjaw RAM
ATI 5970 at stock clocks and voltages

Personally my initial reaction was that this was a problem with the RAM which would explain most of my problems but I've run memtest for around 4 or so hours (someone tell me if I need to run it longer) and there have been no errors so now I'm not quite sure what to point at.

Any help would be massively appreciated since I really can't put my finger on it. Attatched are a series of blue screen minidump files I've been having.

Attachments

• Minidumpset1.zip
    170.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidumpset2.zip
    168.7 KB · Views: 0
As a first step I would run 'chkdsk /f' . It can't cause any more problems, and might do some good. Secondly. I would scan the registry with something like 'Glarysoft Utilities'.
It can backup the registry in case of unexpected results, and then does a 2 stage clean up of the registry. That's what I would do, I know many will not agree with doing anything to the registry.

Ran the disk check, unfortunately it hasn't helped one bit and didn't pick any errors up. Think I might go with the Glarysoft Utilities idea then, since this is really starting to frustrate me. Unless anyone else can shed some light in a different area.

Also ran the Glarysoft Utilities and repaired any problems with the registry etc... it seems to have cleared up my freezing problem but I still suffer from not being able to shut down my PC. Get the BSOD about the driver state power failure. I've researched this a bit before and I know it's a driver causing this problem I just don't know how to pinpoint which one it is that is causing the problems. Here is the minidump from the latest BSOD I had. If anyone could diagnose the problem driver it would be brilliant.

Attachments

• Minidumppower.zip
    118.2 KB · Views: 0
You might get a better idea if you have a faulty system driver, by ; Start, msinfo32, software environment, system drivers. Have a look at the 'Status' column.
Another possible is that you might have a 32 bit driver somewhere on your 64 bit setup.
I have of late used the free program, from www.drivereasy.com to scan and download the correct drivers, (no it's free!). But the free version has a speed limit on the download, so if it finds a file you think you need, and it's over a couple of MB, note it, and get it from it's maker's site. If nothing else, see if Drivereasy shows updates on chipset drivers. If your setup uses Intel system drivers, you can get a scan of your system on their main site. It will update them too, if you wish. Yes I use 'Glary Utilities' software often, it has never done anything but improve my system. (Windows 7 Home Premium), it runs without a fault.

Back