Recomend laptop?

• Thread starter thewoosterisroot
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thewoosterisroot

So I want to spend about $1500 on a lappy. Need a 17" screen. I'm looking at Hp and Dell. What would you guys suggest I go with?

Yes. I was looking at that series. I really just want to know which company would be better to go with. HP, or Dell.

That really depends on which you like better, but I'd go with whichever was cheaper. Build equal computers on both sites and see which offers the best value.

Dell

"HP" Compaq

The Dell came out $250.00 cheaper than the HP in my build, and has a stronger video card. Dell only offered me Windows Vista Business while the HP had Windows Vista Home Ultimate as standard, Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate available at a higher price. I've heard that Dell tech support used to be real good but has gone down hill since it moved to India. I'd go with the Dell and do my own tech support.

The HP dv9500t is about $1290 with Vista Home Premium and the same specs as the Dell Vostro 1700 but with a GeForce 8600 instead of the Dell's 8400 and an 8-cell high-capacity battery. It's a better deal IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back