Recomendation on buying RAM

By AtK SpAdE
Dec 3, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My grandfather asked me what i want for this holiday, and i was wondering what the best RAM brand out there is. I dont not care about the price, just as long as it is 1GB DDR. Thanks

Sean
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

3. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

4. Mikael

Mikael Newcomer, in training Posts: 282

What will you be doing with the ram? Any plans of overclocking or anything like that?

Looks like Tarkus and howard covered the RAM brands that I would recommend. (Crucial, Kingston and Mushkin ram).
  5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

Any good quality, branded RAM will likely be fine. Just make sure that you get the same type as is in your system at the moment, if possible try to get the same brand. I usually buy crucial RAM, never had any complaints, in my desktop systems, servers or laptop, all is fine.
  6. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,846

Thanks guys for all the advice. I am going to go with Corsair 1GB XMS This will bring my total RAM up to 2GB so i think i will be set for now!

Thanks agian
    Sean :Darth:
  7. remoteluxury

remoteluxury Newcomer, in training

MUSHKIN RULES - it really is fabulous memory

I've had problems with kingston and corsair, but never a lick of problems with my mushkin memory - pure bliss -
  8. The Best Alias

The Best Alias Newcomer, in training Posts: 147

Kingston value ram bites! I vote Mushkin.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.