TechSpot

Recommend me a graphics card and screen please

By CJ-real
Aug 27, 2008
  1. Hey,

I am building a PC for my mate and here are the specs so far:

MOBO:
    P5N-E SLI (I bet you heard that 1million times)

CPU:
    Intel Q6600

RAM:
    2GB DDR2 800MHz

CASE:
    EV Gamer case (with PSU included...)

HDD:
    500GB 7200rpm 16MB cache Samsung

OD:
    Lightscribe 20x DVD/CD R+W

So now I have a choice to make... the graphics card and screen.

1). He will be using this PC primarily for gaming, which is why I chose a good processor and big HDD.

2). My total cost at the moment is £291.16 (GBP, which is 1/2 dollar).

3). The budget is anywhere in the reigon below £1000, please note I need a screen, speakers (although these will be £50-£100, sound card AND the graphics card, so no rediculously high prices graphics cards.

4). He asked me for good graphics.

5). Must be from http://www.ebuyer.com.

6). Must be 512MB+, I can have 2x 512MB cards or 1x 1GB, but I will let you guys (more experts than me) tell me if 512 or better etc.

Ok, it's a long list but to summ up, it's a graphics card costing up to £200, give or take, anything lower is excellent.
    I have been looking at nVidia 9 series and GeForce 8, it must be nVidia.

For screens, currently I have chosen the Samsung 2243NWX 22" monitor with 1680x1050 300c/d 8000:1 screen, which is at http://ebuyer.com/product/145315, although I am open to suggestions on anything else, up to £200-£250.

I AM OPEN TO OPINIONS! I can change any of the specs at the moment, so suggestions are welcome!

POWER CONSUMPTION IS NOT A PROBLEM! I havn't yet chosen a PSU and I'll get anything good.

Thank you for your time! AND suggestions!!

Regards,
    Charlie.

:)

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Try these:

The total for the entire system will easily be under £1000 and your friend would have a killer system that will be able to play any game with the detail settings maxed out.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.