Recommend Me a New Motherboard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeloughran05

I currently have a ASRock P4S55FX2 and have done for a year now, has already blew up, so had to send back to be replaced, now the computer is acting in the same way, so have a feeling this is going to happen again :mad: so have decided to splash out on a new one to actually work and not freeze my computer from time to time, anyone any recommendations?

First recommendation, DONT buy SIS chipsets, as for recommending another mobo, stick with Intel based chipsets by Asus or Abit.

Getting offered a ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe for 80...how does that sound?

and your going ot get your P4 intel processor to work on this AMD Mobo how?

Sorry i'm not that techy :blush: is there any mobo's you would recommend, is there any specific range that i must stear away from with my p4 intel processor?

what P4 Processor do you have? the ASRock was a socket 478 so in that range I would recommend the Asus P4P800 SE it is an Intel 865PE chipset. extremely stable and reliable I have built several P4 machines using this Board. it is 95.00 from newegg.

The boarrd in the link is the deluxe version of the board they make a slightly cheaper one. but that is a very nice board.

well if my currency converter is correct your 55 equals about 74.00 USD and that is a great price for that board. the chepaest you can find i here is for around 90-95 USD. personally I would grab that one.

I'm trying to get the best one for my money...is the ASUS P4P800-E the deluxe editon and the ASUS P4P800-SE the ordinary one, and i should rather go for the deluxe one?

The only real difference between the two is the deluxe version has a better onboard sound chipset and onboard firewire.

I was actually going to recommend the Asus A8N-SLi deluxe board to you. I plan on making my own comp, and when that time comes, this is the board im buying. You're getting a great price on it, but you'll have to buy an AMD proc. (Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.) You'll notice a bit of a diff if you go over to a high end AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back