TechSpot

Recommend me a PSU

By manofmany
Dec 29, 2008
  1. Currently have an HP A1730N and want to upgrade my video card to an XFX 7900GS. Current power supply is 300watts and I need bare minimum 350, so I figure a 500watt supply.

I have an onboard PCI-E slot, pci slots, 2 SATA board connectors. I am running 1 SATA HD, a USB DVDRW, and have 3 sticks of 1gb DDR2 RAM. Have about 6 USB devices going. Everything else is onboard, including sound and my current video card which will obviously be disabled. CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+

Need something that will fit fine and give me the right connections. Looking to spend less than $60. Thanks.

2. adweston

adweston Banned Posts: 333

3. manofmany

manofmany TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 45

That is the exact one i was just looking at on eBay lol.

I don't need top end, just enough to handle 6 USB ports, 1HD and DVDRW, 3GB DDR2 ram, and a 7900GS Nvidia card. So stock system + a PCI-E video card.

4. BorisandBailey

BorisandBailey TS Enthusiast Posts: 206

5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,964   +955

Antec EA-430

Newegg is selling this Antec EA-430 "Earthwatts" 430 Watts PSU for $39.95 w/ Free Shipping. Some of these are made by Seasonic others by Delta, both repurable companies. Antec offers (and honors) a 3 year Warranty!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371006

If I wasn't broke from building a system this month, I'd grab a couple of these myself.

6. manofmany

manofmany TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 45

Nice find! I'm watching a thermaltake 500W PSU. If I don't get it, I'm going to buy that antec.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.