Recommendations for free file sharing sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LookinAround

Till now, I've been using esnips for (non bit torrent) free file sharing. Problem is:
  • esnips started requiring the esnips download manager for any esnips download and
  • The new esnips installer includes sneakware: it installs its own home page, search page, etc. unless one carefully reviews and unchecks all the installation options
  • So everytime i give someone a file sharing link i don't want to worry about warning them about the sneakware (and worse yet, they overlook the options and install the sneakware by mistake)
Any other good site recommendations? And would you know how they compare to ensips offer of free 5GB storage with 200MB limit per file?

DropBox is pretty awesome; I use it a lot. If you upload via the desktop app, there's no limit on the file size, but you're limited to 300MB per file if you use the web browser uploader. The max for free storage is 2GB I believe.

DropBox is pretty awesome; I use it a lot. If you upload via the desktop app, there's no limit on the file size, but you're limited to 300MB per file if you use the web browser uploader. The max for free storage is 2GB I believe.

just an update... I finally just started using DropBox. And you're sure right. It's pretty awesome! And has a great user interface! Thanks much :grinthumb

DropBox sounds like rapid share or something like it. There is another one that's just a mere download. I think it's called archive downloads something like that. Odd site though. That one word .com. If you go to such a site make sure your protection is set to the max. That is not a BT site though.

Okay I see this is just like HomeShare (HomeGroup) feature of 7, but you have access to any files you drop in to the box on any PC or mobile device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back