Recommendations for new GPU

Hi guys, I've been thinking about upgrading my graphics card as I've been experiencing some less-than-great FPS in newer games, and I'm starting to notice the lack of DX11. I play pretty much anything I can get my hands on, but currently The Witcher 2 and Black Ops.
The card I have now is Radeon HD4870 1024MB.

I have a relatively new PSU at 850W(Overkill, I know :)) I'm not sure about the brand but I guess I can open it up if you need to know.

Motherboard
Manufacturer: ASUS
Model: P5Q-Pro
PCI-Express, x16

CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

Memory
4GB RAM

So, I've been looking at possibly getting the Radeon 6950, or do you have some other suggestions? How does the different manufacturers compare i.e. XFX vs Sapphire?
Also, how will my CPU and Mobo hold up, or would I be better off replacing them?

Big thanks in advance! :)

Well yeah, but I don't really know the differences between the cards, hence why I was asking for recommendations in the 6950 card pricerange. I'm using Windows 7 by the way.

Make sure that the card you use will be DX11 ready. I'm an Nvidia fan, but I'm sure others here will have recommendations for you

What resolution do you play at, or want to play at? and what level of detail do you want to set?

The 6950 is probably the best bang for your buck right now... IF you can successfully flash them to a full 6970, which I hear is extremely easy.

Back