Recommendations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whtddusy516

Im running on a tight budget, but im trying to build a nice computer thatll play games [the most graphical it would get it Oblivion at medium settings].

Only problem is I wont have enough money to get that graphics card for awhile, and I want to get this computer up ASAP.

So what would be a good graphics card [PCI or PCI-e It doesnt matter to me] that would allow me to play older games [The most graphcis intense is Morrowind].

I'm willing to spend $20-$40 on it

Thanks, Aj

Im not quiet sure how old they are but I picked up them up about 4 years ago, My Dell Dimension 4400 [with an MX400] plays them all reasonably. But im just seeing if theres anything else out there that could match that performance

You may have trouble getting a decent card for $40. I'm guessing the FX 5500 or ATi 9250 could run it for around that price, but it wouldn't be too great performance-wise.

thanks for the replies but I think your giving me suggestions that would far exceed what I need temporarily. I just need something that will run Windows XP at 1024x780 and play some games[Elder Scrolls 3:Morrowind, Comand and Conquer: Renegade].

If I cant find any cards that will perform better than my MX400 then ill just go with buying a new one.

Try THIS video card. It should be better than your current card. It's still PCI, but if you don't have too much PCI cards, it should run better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back