Recommended single player first person shooters?

By bangs777
Apr 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Could anyone suggest a good single player first person shooter: old/new. I have played all the call of duty series,crysis series,battlefield series and medal of honour series;looking into tom clancy series,looks a bit boring-any thoughts on that. Tried played dues-ex and duke nukem forever,they don't excite me that much.And please no horror games.
  2. oscar1987

oscar1987 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 104

sounds like you played all the Good games....
    bangs777 likes this.
  3. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

If you don't consider Half Life and Half Life 2 Horror, they would be perfect to try. I don't, but I guess some might say they have a horror aspect?
  4. bangs777

bangs777 TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 30

Reading and watching the reviews,I got to try this one out.Thanks for mentioning it.
  5. bangs777

bangs777 TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 30

was not so familiar with the gameplay of dues ex: human revolution,got to like it later.pretty interesting game.looking forward to syndicate and bulletstorm.
  6. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TechSpot Booster Posts: 808   +51

Halo all the way!! :D
  7. DevilDevansh

DevilDevansh TechSpot Member Posts: 53

Yeah Halo all three!!!( especially 1&2 ) and igi 1 and 2.
    u know they say 'old is gold'.
  8. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TechSpot Booster Posts: 808   +51

Yeah, yeah, especially IGI in which you send a bullet through the head of one of two people talking, and the live one is like, "Ya hear that, Bob?" :p
    The AI in most old games is crappy and pre-scripted. Newer games give a better challenge.
  9. mtrenal

mtrenal Newcomer, in training Posts: 45

This isn't too similar to the other games you listed, but I loved the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series. Instead of a straight-up shooter it has some RPG elements, but only in the sense that you buy/find new weapons and equipment. I like it especially because it just as easy to be killed as it is to kill someone, it's not nearly as run and gun as CoD where your health is constantly regenerating if you hide for long enough.
  10. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 617   +111

I'm surprised no one has mentioned borderlands yet. It's got a decent story and is very much an rpg as well. The graphics are unique and I think very nice looking. All in all it's a very addicting game an you can find it for cheap nowadays. (saw I on steam a couple months back $7.50 for the game and all dlc) You should def give it a whirl. There is also a second one coming out later this year I believe.
  11. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,086   +154

Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

Can't think of good purer FPS atm...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.