Recording laptop screen

By stefffff
Jan 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everyone.

Im new to the forum and I have a question about recording my laptop screens.

I have a work laptop that is locked down fairly well. I would like to connect it to my home laptop so I can create some instructional videos on there.

Can I connect my work laptop to my home laptop so I can potentially have it open in a window where I can record the screens?

home laptop (sony vaio VPCF13MOE)
    work laptop ( lenovo T400)

Thank you
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Yes it is possible, but difficult, and requires way too much information to post here. Have you tried a few Gurgle searches to see what help is available?
    Be prepared to spend some time on it... and spending some cash for additional equipment.
  3. stefffff

stefffff TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for your reply

I have had a browse on google but havent seen anything concrete on how to achieve this. Maybe im looking in the wrong place !
  4. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 729

You can do video captures with FRAPS.
  5. stefffff

stefffff TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks techno

Thanks for your reply techno and the link.

However Im still back to square one.I cant use that software on my work machine. I need to hook up the work laptop to my home laptop via whatever hardware is required so that I can open my work laptop screen in my home laptop screen and record from there.
  6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,148   +597

home->work connection via Remote Desktop and then run work application from the home system where the recorder can be installed and controlled