TechSpot

Recording Problem With Audio Interface.

By Swappo
Sep 26, 2007
  1. I record music with my comp. I have a Lexicon Omega Interface. If you're not familiar with that it's a USB device that supplies phantom power to the microphone.

I also use USB headphones. I used to have no problem with any of these devices. I would open Cool Edit Pro to record and select the Lexicon as the recording device. Plug in the headphones, which would automatically mute the speakers, and then record.

Now when I hit record it doesn't record. Something is not being recognized. All the settings on the interface are correct.

I know this is better left to a home recording forum, and I have posted it there. I thought there might be someone here with an idea of why my devices are fighting with the computer and each other...and me.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,222   +231

Can you see these USB devices in the Device Manager? What are your system specs? I have so much trouble getting people to tell me what their computer is, you know... Computer specs? So I won't ask where you are from either...

3. Swappo

Swappo TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 29

The Lexicon is in the Device Manager. If I restart the computer or turn the Lexicon off it will not be on the Device manager upon restart. I have to reset the Lexicon.

The headphones are not in the Device Manager.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.