Recording Problem With Audio Interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swappo

I record music with my comp. I have a Lexicon Omega Interface. If you're not familiar with that it's a USB device that supplies phantom power to the microphone.

I also use USB headphones. I used to have no problem with any of these devices. I would open Cool Edit Pro to record and select the Lexicon as the recording device. Plug in the headphones, which would automatically mute the speakers, and then record.

Now when I hit record it doesn't record. Something is not being recognized. All the settings on the interface are correct.

I know this is better left to a home recording forum, and I have posted it there. I thought there might be someone here with an idea of why my devices are fighting with the computer and each other...and me.

Can you see these USB devices in the Device Manager? What are your system specs? I have so much trouble getting people to tell me what their computer is, you know... Computer specs? So I won't ask where you are from either...

The Lexicon is in the Device Manager. If I restart the computer or turn the Lexicon off it will not be on the Device manager upon restart. I have to reset the Lexicon.

The headphones are not in the Device Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back