TechSpot

Recover a password in Windows XP Pro

By Zilliak
Jul 12, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dont have a way of getting my password i have two accounts. administrator and my wife. I need to get one of those passwords to log on how can i retrieve it.
  2. snowchick7669

snowchick7669 TS Maniac Posts: 698

I'd suggest reading here on this guide by Kimsland

Other then that, we have a policy on bypassing passwords. Basically meaning that we can't teach you how to 'crack' into systems :)
  3. Robmark

Robmark TS Rookie

re

I would like to introduce you a very good windows password recovery tool 2.0.

It not only supports XP, 2003, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password

You can use the ISO to burn a boot CD. Follow these instructions:

1. Download Windows Password Recovery Tool 2.0 ISO file
    2. Burn to a CD using a CD burning tool such as Nero or Roxio or MagicISO
    3. Insert CD into drive and reboot.
    4. You may have to select an option in the BIOS to get the computer to boot from the CD.

Booting up and clearing a password takes a minute or two works like a charm.
  4. dizzyturkey

dizzyturkey TS Rookie

do you forget windows password|? If you do, you'd better reset the password with the third part password recovery tool. As far as I know, windows password unlocker is safe and easy to use. An .ISO file included in windows password unlocker. So, you just need to free download windows password unlocker, which is available at many download sites like softpedia.com
  5. Bluemouse

Bluemouse TS Rookie Posts: 405

There's something called an ultimate boot CD, which allows you to reset the administrator password, among many other options.

*Note to moderators: please delete this if I'm not allowed to post it. My apologies.
  6. Joe Walton

Joe Walton TS Rookie Posts: 43

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.