TechSpot

Recover Files After Windows re-install ?!

By martinc00
May 22, 2006
  1. Earlier today, i was infected by a virus, one thing leading to another it seemed my only other alternative was to re-install windows. So out came the reload cd and everything went smoothly. However stupidly i forgot to back up my important files and have lost all my coursework, which just so happens has to be in next week. Any ideas on how to get these files back, or if its even possible would be GREATLY appreciated. x please reply ASAP as the deadline for the coursework is drawing near!

2. mikescorpio81

mikescorpio81 TS Rookie Posts: 574

Depending on where your data was written to on your HDD, i'd say theres a good chance it's gone :(

You could always take it to a lab & pay a few thousand $$$ for then to recover it! Either that or search the net for some good data recovery programs.

3. meatologist

meatologist TS Rookie Posts: 152

4. martinc00

martinc00 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thankyou very much, have downloaded the Recovermyfiles and have managed to retrieve a few of the files... Going to scan again and hope for the best. Thanks again :D

5. meatologist

meatologist TS Rookie Posts: 152

pleasure... hope you get your coursework back!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.