Recover Files From a Temp Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey_Gore

There are some files that are created, like Quicktimes download folder (*.qtck etc) tat are created when a web page is displayed and as soon as the web pages is closed it is automatically deleted. How do I recover this file? Can I find which cluster it was located on? I know the exact file name (it very long file name with random numbers, how do I find this)? Are they stored on the hard drive?

regards,

Mike

Did you check in the Temporary Internet Files folder? C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAMEl\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

yeah, I checked every single folder, did a file search (including hidden system files) the files is certainly deleted. I knew it would be deleted, on one pane I had the web page open, on the other the location of the qtch file. I tried to copy paste, didn't work since file is busied by the system. And as soon as the web page was closed watched the file disappear. Now there is absolutely zero information on the web regarding the recovery of the QTCH files. So how do I find this file?

Also it would be useful if any of you knew a sophisticated hard drive software that viewed the clusters of the hard drive, which may give detailed info such as when the cluster was last occupied, by which file, at what time, or if it is currently occupied or not, with options to wipe or recover from the cluster. If such a software exists, awesome.

regards,

mike

I am wondering just what you want to recover. If you want to save a page to view again, then Bookmark it or put it in your Favorites.

Also, your History should have the page, depending on how long you have set for the system to retain the History.

Edit for additional information: The 'temp' folder usually containing 'left over' files like setup.exe from programs that have been downloaded. Some programs clean this up, other don't. Checking temporary internet files is a different category and will show you some of the same information as your History.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back