Recover RAID 0 Stripe array after motherboard failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
Please forgive me if this is an often discussed problem, I searched briefly, but didn't find answers.

I built my first system about 3 years ago from a new Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard with an AMD A64 X2 4400+ Athalon processor. I also installed 2 western Digital 250GB SATA hard drives. I configured the drives into a RAID 0Stripe array. I installed Windows XP Home Edition (currently upgraded to SP3), and the system worked pretty well with just few problems for a long time.

Last weekend I tried to start the system, bit it failed the POST. I decided to rebuild and upgrade the system. I bought and installed an Intel DG45ID motherboard and an Intel Q8200 Core 2 Quad processor along with 4GB of memory. After setting up some BIOS options on the new system, I entered the RAID set up utility, but before I completed the RAID Volume setup, the system warned me that completing the operation would erase all data on the existing drives, so I escaped before completing the task.

I would like to know if there is a way to get the new system to boot from my existing hard drives or if it is possible to back up and restore the data from my existing dives.

raid reconstructor

there is a bart pe disc with raid reconstructor built in. i have used it to recover a raid 0 array before.

i have the ISO but i am not sure how to upload the image. it is 153mb. the other tool you need is getdataback. you have to either purchase it or find other means to use getdataback. if you google "bart pe raid reconstructor" you will be able to find the info you need.

if you have any ideas for me to get you the bartpe image i made, let me know and i will try to help.

ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back