Recovering a Disk Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to recover my "D" drive which has a lot of photos that are very precious to me. This drive has never had an OS system on it, only data, but I have not changed the OS on my C drive. Also I tried another HD with the same cables and it worked fine.

Pandora (recovery program) says my drive "is not ready"

In Disk managment:

Layout: Partition
Type: Basic
File System: Blank

In explorer if I try to open the drive it says

"The disk is not formatted. Would you like to format it now?"

In Properties-for drive D

Type: Local Disk
File System; RAW

Used space: 0 bytes
Free space: 0 bytes

Capacity shows the whole drive as used-(the picture)

Thank you for any help!!!
Lou

you're in deep trouble. Looks like the partition table has been lost and without it
you can't get to any of the data.

I truly believe you need a professional data recovery service.

BE CAUTIOUS: Rumor! I've heard that sometimes you can use a command line utiltiy
to place the partition but NOT formated it at all. If the Force Be With You, you might
get to the data.

VERIFY VERIFY VERIFY

You may also look into partition recovery software. It's not a guarantee but might just work. Search google for it and you might find something with a free trial just to see if it's possible.

Recovery Software

I tried quite a few and nothing was working, but when I used the trial download for GetDataBack, it found a LOT of files. So I bought it, and recovered most of my files, but I got the whole folders back that had pics of my beloved Cat..Tater, who I had for 23 years, and recently passed away. My heart was just aching for those pics.

Now I have those, so I'm done. So, don't ever think what you're doing is not important. It is!! It means a lot to me in this case. I would definitely recommend that software!!

Thanks,
Lou

Try this one: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm
It is free for up to four folders down, ie
E:\Documents and Setting\UserName\My Documents\My Pictures
1,2,3,4 folders down

Here are a lot more free ones to choose from
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads38.html

I have found that free software is either just as good, if not better than the bought ones

Sadly I did not notice your original post
But for anyone else viewing, start with z-a-recovery (but do not pay) :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back