Recovery program does not work

gulabg

My PC laptop with windows Vista operating system crashed. Luckily I had backed it up with Acronis 2015 on an external hard disk.
I had a vendor re-install Widnows Vista operating system on it again and inserted Acronis 2015 recovery disc in expternal CD drive.. The recovery program is boot media with iso extension.
When I click on that program it opens Windows media program and wants to play music.
How do I recover my backup? Acronis will not help me because they do not support Vista even though I used Vista operating system to created the backup in the first place.

I will appreciate any help that you can provide.

I would think you'd have to set your boot options to boot from CD & then put the CD in, shut down/ reboot it up & I think it'd install from there. Others will confirm or reply with better ideas.

I would think you'd have to set your boot options to boot from CD & then put the CD in, shut down/ reboot it up & I think it'd install from there. Others will confirm or reply with better ideas.
When I created the recovery disc, it was in zip format. The file size was 665,408 kb.
Using my mouse I copied it. I went into Windows Media Player and tried to paste it into the area, where there is a list of files to be burnt. It would paste that file. Do you think that at first I should expand the zip file and then try to paste it. Would the expanded file be too large for the CD disc

When I did this, it went straight to the DVD and didn't need any zip. An ISO file needs to be ''burned" to the media, not copied

Back