TechSpot

Recurring blue screen errors in Windows 7

By pratikhora
Jun 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. my laptop is constantly showing blue screenerror. the problem started 2 weeks ago when it happened for the first time due to ovreheating. then it occured every one or two days but i kept ignoring it. but the past 24 hours, my laptop is totally ****ed up. i can't even start my windows 7. the blue screen appears just after i enter the password. the system works for sometime in the safe mode for sometime, but after that it also crashes... i don't know what to do, my laptop is only 8 months old. please someone help me.........the system specs are:
    hp g62 361tx notebool pc
    intel i3 processor
    3 gb ram
    320 gb hard disk
    the error code in the blue screen error is
    0x00000124
    i thought that the problem was still overheating, so i turned it off, and started after 7 hours but the error was still there. please someone tell me what to do....

(i don't even have recovery disks so i cannot even format my system)

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,230   +232

If the laptop is still under warranty, take it in for repair

3. pratikhora

pratikhora TS Rookie Topic Starter

sorry but i have even lost my warranty card.....:(

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,230   +232

Take the laptop into and HP dealer and they can look up your warranty status. Most modern laptops have a recovery partition on the hard drive that contains the operating system, program and driver files that you can access during boot up. You can perform a Recovery and format of Windows 7 with a fresh install of Windows 7 using the recovery options. This should return the laptop like to it was when you first got it