TechSpot

Recurring blue screen errors in Windows 7

By pratikhora
Jun 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. my laptop is constantly showing blue screenerror. the problem started 2 weeks ago when it happened for the first time due to ovreheating. then it occured every one or two days but i kept ignoring it. but the past 24 hours, my laptop is totally ****ed up. i can't even start my windows 7. the blue screen appears just after i enter the password. the system works for sometime in the safe mode for sometime, but after that it also crashes... i don't know what to do, my laptop is only 8 months old. please someone help me.........the system specs are:
    hp g62 361tx notebool pc
    intel i3 processor
    3 gb ram
    320 gb hard disk
    the error code in the blue screen error is
    0x00000124
    i thought that the problem was still overheating, so i turned it off, and started after 7 hours but the error was still there. please someone tell me what to do....

(i don't even have recovery disks so i cannot even format my system)

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,927   +167

If the laptop is still under warranty, take it in for repair

3. pratikhora

pratikhora TS Rookie Topic Starter

sorry but i have even lost my warranty card.....:(

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,927   +167

Take the laptop into and HP dealer and they can look up your warranty status. Most modern laptops have a recovery partition on the hard drive that contains the operating system, program and driver files that you can access during boot up. You can perform a Recovery and format of Windows 7 with a fresh install of Windows 7 using the recovery options. This should return the laptop like to it was when you first got it

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.