Recurring hidden instances of iexplore.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolat

I have some sort of backdoor/trojan that constantly creates new instances of iexplore.exe. These processes are hidden and take up a lot of memory, and I can't seem to get rid of them. Most antivirus softwares don't appear to detect my infection, so I'm hoping you guys know what to do.

I also was only capable of doing a quick scan with MBAM since every time I tried to do a full scan, roughly 2-3 hours in my computer would receive a BSOD.

I have/had a similar problem, maybe I can help out. (Nothing professional, though.)

Go to C\Windows\System32 >

Make it so you get a detailed list, then click on DateModified

Look for the time when you got the problem.

If you see anything like this:

uacbbr.dll
UAClbvxdmdulkrsjgrovo.dll

(Basically anthing starting with uac)

Then you probably have the same thing as me. I found that deleting some of these files stopped the search engine redirect, though I could not remove all of them.

---

Besides that, while surfing for that uacbbr thing, I found this program called "Prevx". It allows you to scan your pc for malware and found amongst other things, the UAC stuff, which my McAfee doesn't pick up. Maybe that program can help you.

(Actually removing stuff isn't free, but at least it could help you identify malware.)

I actually don't have those files (or anything that starts with UAC) in my system32 folder. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back