Red Alert 2 Vista problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbone9101

i read on here about several people having a problem with the same game as me but as far as i could tell no one was having the same problem as me the problem was that the game starts up fine and for the first about 30 seconds works great but after that time is up it seems like i am trying to play oblivion on windows XP with 512mb RAM and a 256mb video card...way to slow for me any one got any ideas

Are you referring to Elder Scroll Oblivion. I believe your video card is not up to spec. It requires at least 512MB.

i am sorry i guess i wasn't clear on the problem. The problem is red alert 2 i dont care about oblivion been there done than a little too much but forget that. It was just an analogy to explain that for some reason my laptop that acctually runs oblivion quite nicely is having problems with a low graphics game like red alert 2

Update your Video card and Monitor drivers. I've experiened RA2 not running on an LCD monitor with a generic driver.

my laptop is top of the line (for a laptop anyways) with more than enough specs to run the most complex of games. Come to think of it it dose the same thing with any of the old comand and conquer games but C&C Generals (Zero hour) works just fine. i have never run tries to see where it draws the line on if the game will work or not

I can't recall the exact filename but try to run the MS-DOS batch file on the one you've downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back