TechSpot

Redesigned Messenger app distances itself from the Facebook brand

By David Tom
Oct 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. With the recent release of BBM for Android and iOS, the realm of mobile messaging apps is getting pretty crowded. Looking to establish itself as a viable contender, Facebook released the latest version of Messenger on Tuesday to a random...

Read more

2. Punkid

Punkid TS Maniac Posts: 546

"Furthermore, Android users will finally get a custom design, rather than an iOS port"

Excuse me? Can you not see the screenshots? ive been using the app for a day, looks exactly like the ios 7 messaging app which isnt a good thing for us android users. Shouldve been designed along the holo guidelines..

nonetheless, app performs well, looks fine. but functionally it is not too good, there are stupid kinks here and there.

3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

That's all well and good, but will it actually work? Current version is buggy to all hell and won't even let me sign in.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,623   +320

Looks alright to me. Why can't the regular Facebook app on iOS do chat worth a damn? I suppose it works, but it doesn't let you turn the phone sideways to get a bigger kb.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.