Redirect problem on my mac running firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello! i have a mac running mac os 10.5.8 (leopard) and thought that i was immune to problems...but, i certainly have one! i think it is a java script malware, but i cannot figure out how to get rid of it. most of the programs out there are for PCs so i was hoping someone here can figure out how to help me.

the problem started a few days ago with a pop-up box asking if i was sure i wanted to navigate away from the page and asked for me to press confirm. i thought it was just something with firefox, but after it happening a few times, then it had another box pop up that asked if i would like to go to http://theinsurancego.com and another time it sent me to bargaincast.net.

since the problem began, i have included the script blocker program for firefox, and since i have it on, the problem has gone away. but, the minute i turn it off, it starts again. i have run macscan antivirus program as well as clamX, but neither have found anything wrong. in my attempt to figure it out, i came across a website that really sounds like what i have...however, it is written to help out PC users!

is there any help for my mac?

thank you so much,
barbara

You were in the right spot for malware. However, as you have already learned, much of what works on Windows doesn't work on a Mac. Best to be in the company of others who share the same OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back