Redirect virus; AVG & Malwarebytes fail to update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm a new member and would first off like to say hello and thank you all in advance for your assistance. Anyway, here's the issue:

Over the last few days or so my browser (Mozilla Firefox) has been getting extremely slow in addition to having constant redirects to alternate search sites with various ads. In many cases, Firefox has been crashing as well.

As of yesterday, I also noticed that both AVG (paid version) and Malwarebytes (free) will no longer update automatically from the internet. I did an uninstall/reinstall of MWB (even changing the name of the *.exe file) and the issue still exists. I ended up downloading the latest definition pacs and updated them manually. Both programs were run, and then run again in Safe Mode (Win XP Pro) and all files have come up clean.

After all of this I found your site and ran the 8 Step procedure and the issues still exist. So......I have decided to post in your forum to hopefully resolve the issue. The requested files are attached, and again, many thanks in advance. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back