Referenced memory error - iTunes, Mozilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is i keep getting

"The instruction at "0x000000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate program."

when i use itunes and sometimes mozilla. ive been away for the past 2 weeks, so my computer has been unplugged from the wall. i came home yesterday and turned it on and started itunes, and it worked for a bit before that error message came up and the progam shut down. while i was using firefox, the same type of error occured and i had to close it.

i put up with it just for yesterday. this morning when i came to boot my computer, it took ages. like it went through start up image thing, then screen went black for a bit before the computer restarting itself and then it worked like normal again.

i have had this problem before after going way for 4 weeks. but last time my ram was faulty and i got a new stick from the warranty. my old ram was dual channel, and the replaced one is only single, if that matters.

Any ideas on what i can do?

This is a problem with you memory sticks. Shut Down your PC. Open it and remove the memory sticks clean then and also the slots clean them well and when replugging make sure all the pins are well connected.

If you still have problems, go to http://www.memtest86.com/
and download/run that memtest (preferably over a longer period.

ah ok, thanks mate. last time it happen turned out the memory was faulty and i had a new one sent back. also seems to happen after i let my computer sit for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back