Referenced memory error

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that I get the following message when I open certain applications:

The instruction at "0x7c80a89b" referenced memory at "0x3f800000". The memory could not be "read".

I did not have the same problem in my PC before

I recently scaned my Pc and deleted some viruses and othe malware items, using McAfee, Spybot Ewido and kaspersky online scan. (All updated).

Please find attached my Hijackthis log.

Thanks

Attachments

• hijackthis1991.log
    11.2 KB · Views: 5
Nothing is showing except to empty your recycling bin. What applications cause this error?

Applications the have the problem

A few of the applications that have the problem:

Windows Media Palyer 10
Tvants
Tvkoo
Satelite TV

All of them were working a few days before.

I have reinstalled them but I get the same problem. The worrying thing in my situation is that as I go along, more and more applications cause these problems and even more worrying is that say media payer used to play some files and now it doesnt play any.

Fix in HJT

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winemx32 - winemx32.dll (file missing)

other than that i can't see much problem with your log.

It could be RAM problem. Download Memetest onto a bootable media. Open your PC and take out any RAM modules and stick one back in. Boot into it and let the program run for 7 passes for each stick (turn off pc, take it out, replace with the other and then rerun the test). If any fails, you have bad ram.

do you have the latest drivers for everything? Device manager>any yellow ? signs?
navigate to c:\windows\minidump and post 5 of the most recent ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back