Reformat for a clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to reformat my drive and do a clean winxp install. I did a new install of winxp over an existing winxp os, and ended up with stuff left over from first os, so basically I just refreshed it....my question is, will my system boot from winxp disk, after I reformat my drive?......Probably a dumb question, but I don't want to repartition or anything like that.....
Thanks
Cindy

I've only ever done it with M.E., but once theres nothing on the drive, bang in your CD and away you go.

Make sure you have a start up Floppy just in case, then if it doesn't Autostart, re-boot with floppy, at A: prompt type setup and away you go....

Hope this helps...:D

As long as you set your CD to boot first in your bios.you should not have a problem.Also you can format your drive from the Cd
Load Windows ,Then change the Boot order back to Hdd once Xp has installed.

Worked like a charm......Thanks everyone for your help. I used the www.bootdisk.com to download the Custom WinXP boot disk....formatted drive C, poped in WinXP.....and away it went :).
Downloaded all the Window's updates last nite....since I'm on dial-up it literally took all night.... WOW, clean slate...... :)
Thanks Again
Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back