Reformat = No internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

meggish

HELP. i just reformatted my computer and it started up fine but without internet connection. i am on my laptop at the moment trying to get as much help as i can. the two little blinking computers that say local area connection arent there anymore. other times that i have reformatted it showed up automatically but this time they didnt. i dont understand why this is happening. i have went to my network places and tried every single setup and it still doesnt work. i dont know how to get online to download drivers for the computer i reformatted. please help me get my internet working again T_T

its a desktop. i am using roadrunner internet. it isnt dial up but broadband i guess. my computer is a HP pavilion a1030n. everything is onboard except for my network modem and my newly added ram. if i could find drivers for my network modem, would the internet be able to work? if so, i don't know how to find drivers for it because i dont know the name the modem or anything. would it say the model directly on the modem? please help..

many thanks..

ah yes i understand that, but how can i get my internet connection to work? my modem isnt onboard because my onboad modem burned out one night during a storm.

Well, if you have absolutely no idea what modem you're using, but it's at least detected by Windows, use something such as Everest to display the information about the modem. Then, if you've got the brand and model number, go to the manufacturers website and search for the drivers of that particular model.

Are you speaking of a NIC or a 56k modem? :/

hmm okay i tried out Everest. i went under where it says Network. and im guessing its the PCI/PnP Network and under device description it says VIA VT6105M/LOM Rhine III 10/100 MBPS Fast Ethernet controller (PHY: VIA VT6105) would that be the modem?o.O uhm im not sure what the difference is i know the model now its Nexxtech 10/100 fast ethernet desktop adapter.

:| k i downloaded that, and i transfered it to my desktop using a flash drive. i extracted it but now i dont know what to do with it. so many folders and such. i tried to read the "read-me" things but that only confused me more because i couldnt understand half of what they were talking about. :S

omg Zenosincks i wanna thank you so much. i got it working. thank you for all of your help. i greatly appreciate it. much love. THANK YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back