Reformat, no Internet. Help with drivers?

I hate to be one of "those people" that end up asking fairly obvious questions, but I have no where else to turn.

After a reformat, my laptop doesn't want to connect to the internet. A previous laptop I reformatted for a friend worked fine when I plugged it in via wired internet.

I tried searching for drivers based on the model, but the downloaded driver files from the Toshiba website didn't seem to even work.

I'm not sure what exact info is needed, but here some of what I think will be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

System Manufacturer: Toshiba
Sys Model: Satellite L655
Sys Type: X86-based PC

Hate to bother for help, but after exhausting my efforts I'm not sure what to do now.

I didn't change the OS at all. It was win7 32bit.

edit: The laptop was bought via retail with a lot of stuff on it, so I wanted to reformat it to get all that stuff off of it. Would going from 64bit to 32bit mess up the laptop in anyway? I'm pretty sure it was 32bit to begin with though.

I tried looking up your laptop on Toshiba's website but I had trouble because the Satellite L655 is a whole series of laptops. You left off the last five or so numbers of the model so I couldn't narrow my search any further. One of the models I looked at showed Windows 7 64 bit as the installed OS so maybe that's the problem but since there are a few dozen models in the L655 family, I can't be sure.

Back