Reformating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, My problem is i had a trojan today on my pc, i got it out. But it left me with problems, that when i went to open my internet it froze and i couldent do anything else on my desk top and had to close my pc manualy..

I went to reformat my pc from the disc, i seen repair and thought id try this first. Then it kept rebooting when it was trying to startup! Then i went to reformat but the same thing keeps happening, it constantly reboots when i try. to restart it from the disc or the hard drive.. It wont let me start in safe mode either..

And when i start from the disc it says, a problem caused windows to close, try 2 shut down ur anti virus and your disc defragger and other stuff, witch i cant do as i cant get my pc to start..

Can any one help? thank you inadvance

P.S ive got windows xp home edition

I went to reformat my pc from the disc
If you're happy to reformat (remove all system files and data)
Then boot from the Windows Xp Home CD again
But this time remove the partition (you will see these prompts)
Then continue installing Windows fresh

Well that changes your entire post
You are saying that when booting from CD (Not Windows or anything) the computer restarts?

That's a hardware issue - like faulty Ram or Harddrive

Hi all, My problem is i had a trojan today on my pc, i got it out. But it left me with problems, that when i went to open my internet it froze and i couldent do anything else on my desk top and had to close my pc manualy..

I went to reformat my pc from the disc, i seen repair and thought id try this first. Then it kept rebooting when it was trying to startup! Then i went to reformat but the same thing keeps happening, it constantly reboots when i try. to restart it from the disc or the hard drive.. It wont let me start in safe mode either..

And when i start from the disc it says, a problem caused windows to close, try 2 shut down ur anti virus and your disc defragger and other stuff, witch i cant do as i cant get my pc to start..

Can any one help? thank you inadvance

P.S ive got windows xp home edition

THIS IS MY ORGANAL POST;)

So a new harddrive then??

Thanks for re-quoting (ie it doesn't change your original post, but does change what should have been suggested, except for backing up of course)

Please run Memtest on your Ram

Please run a Drive Diagnostics on your HardDrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back