Reformatted but no internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just reformatted my computer and its able to turn on but there is no internet connection whatsoever. the ethernet cable is plugged in but network connections shows no connections. i also do not know what drivers i am supposed to download and where i am supposed to download them from. help please

You need to reinstall the ethernet (LAN) driver. You'll need to tell us the make and model of your computer or motherboard in order for us to direct you to where you can download it. You may not have sound either, have you checked?

how can i figure out the exact make and model? and there is no sound either.

-edit-

i think the motherboard is abit NF7-S2

If you have other access to internet, you can download this file, "System Information for Windows" here; http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

You must download the, "SIW Standalone (English-Only)" version on that page. Copy the file to your desktop, and double click it to run. (There's no installation). In the left pane you will see the list of functions.Under "hardware" click "system summary", and "motherboard".

If the board is what you say it is, you can go here; http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/moth...1000&pTITLE_IMG=/motherboard/images/title.gif to download your drivers.

BTW, you'll need the video driver also, unless you have a separate video card. In that case, you would either go to Nvidia or ATI's site for those downloads

Yeah, their page wouldn't load fully for me either, so I suppose we'll need to be patient. If this is an Abit board in a manufacturer's prebuilt machine, such as HP or Dell, you could also get your drivers from there. In fact it might be preferable.

You can click our "drivers" page also. Only trouble there is there are 802 LAN drivers shown. It might take awhile to sort that out.

You sure you don't javascript or something blocking? As i see support for both NF7-S and NF7-S2. The driver download links for both boards seem to work for me.

Try a different browser (e.g. IE vs. Firefox). What country are you in?

I got the internet working, but now i need the sound drivers.

-edit-

have sound card drivers, sound and internet now work. thanks very much.

You sure you don't javascript or something blocking? As i see support for both NF7-S and NF7-S2. The driver download links for both boards seem to work for me.

Try a different browser (e.g. IE vs. Firefox). What country are you in?

Im in US and i just clicked on IC Plus Family IC+ 10/100 Lan Driver for both US and Europe and the links were both broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back