Reformatting with a SATA drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically in a nut shell, I've been following tutorials such as http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp, and as it seems perfect to me, it doesn't exactly show how to reformatt my computer ...
When I boot from the CD it gives me a message of: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.
Make sure any hard disk drives are powered oin and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is corrent. This may involve running a manugacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program.

If anyone could give me a detailed description of how to reformatt with the SATAR drive that would be extremely helpful.

Do you have a floppy drive still? To install XP on a SATA hard drive with a motherboard that does not have native sata support, you need to install the SATA drivesr for your motherboard while you install windows, this is done by hitting f6 when it prompts when it's loading files. Don't have a floppy drive and can't get one? You're going to need to slipstream an install of windows with the drivers on the disc, which i've never gotten to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back