reformatting woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tejasT

my first post folks so please be gentle.
running a self built pc. msi pt880 neo lsr mobo, pentium 3 cpu,maxtor 100 bg SATA hdd, windows xp2, 2 cd/dvd drives, floppy, radeon diamond stealth s80 video card{agp}.
trying to reformat my hdd and the PROBLEM begins.
i am using an HP oem XP2 disc. after the files load and i have pressed f8 to accept terms the next window should list the drives available for formatting or partitioning. PROBLEM is there are no drives listed, only the word MOVE with an up/down arrow next to it. when i hit an arrow i get blue screen UGH!
and a stop error message:
0x83
setupdd.sys address f7414...... base at ..........
my mobo is DDR so i remove bays 1 and 3 and try again NUTTIN, then i remove bays 2 and 4 NUTTIN. i ran windows mem diag from floppy and get no errors, i run diskcheck from restart and get no erros. but i keep getting error messages. from dskchk /r i get unrecoverable errors message....
running compatability check i get message i386\winntupg\netupgrd.dll missing. what to do??? is the HP oem disk wont work?
do i need to f6 and sata drivers for it to work?
help please i am frusterated to no end. thanks tejasT

I suspect that the problem lies with the fact that you are using an HP disk which is specifically designed for an HP machine.

ah yes, i was worried about that possibility. im quite sure i formatted this
hdd originally from this disc though. oh well!

well i have a key for xp home i just need an original copy to work with i guess.
thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back