Region code limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yangly18

So I'm stationed over here in the great UK, where their region coding is different from the US, so if I decide that i would like to watch a UK coded movie, I have to change the region code on my drive. It has a limit on it, as most of you guys prob know, I'm just wondering if there is a way to get rid of this limit, or is this unchangable?? I'm not exactly looking for any type of crack or anything, just gen. information.

thanks a bunch :D

edit: Would using a differnet player like VLC or winDVD fix this? perhaps a codec that can help me out O.o?

hmm; I seem to recall the limit is FOUR.

a) If you stay in the UK for a while, just make the change and enjoy the local movies.
When you return, you can revert.

b) If you have some USA dvds with you and need access to both, grrr, I don't know how to get by the limit

If you download a decrypter (DVD Decrypter or similar) you can transfer the movie to your harddrive via the brute-force cracking method which allows you to keep the RPC set to one parameter. You can then watch the movie from harddrive- copyright permitting, of course!

Depending on what optical drive you have you may be able to reflash the firmware to a drive that is RPC free OR take the chance on a modded firmware. If you are keen then re-post your drive model (and firmware revision if possible).

thanks, ill check out my drive model and firmware version when i get out of work and repost here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back