Registry and task manager locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zadman

Hi,
can any one help me out with this, well whenever i install a game and start its registry setup it says that registry is locked by the admin, and i am the admin. so how do i unlock registry. and also when I start the task manager it says that the task manager is locked aswell. So can some help me out with this plz.

this is actually happening in my freinds computer. He doesnt have antivirus and internet, he has service pack 2.

"He doesn't have antivirus and internet, he has service pack 2"...

So this computer has never been connected to the Internet? If so, try restoring it back to an earlier time using System Restore

'Zadman', even if your friend claims to have never connected to the internet, do you believe him? And do you really suppose that he has not shared games with others through P2P interconnection, or installed copied/pirated CD/DVDs or via plug-in USB drives?

The point is, his PC is almost certainly infected via one route or another. No PC should ever be without anti-virus.

I hope 'WinXPert', you are prepared to explain what downloading and installing whatever is delivered by downloading from a file-sharing site will do? It could be a virus or key-logger? Hope not, but you really should explain.

I respectfully disagree with the above post that everyone should install an antivirus software. I have not had a virus since running Vista and then 7. Some antivirus software like Norton are actually more annoying than the actual virus. Also as a side note I reformat my PC every few months which I think everyone should get into the habit of.

"I respectfully disagree with the above post that everyone should install antivirus software"...

"Also as a side note I reformat my PC every few months which I think everyone should get into the habit of doing"

Those 2 quotes do fit together. To expect a computer user to reformat every few months in unrealistic and foolish... To run a PC on-line without active and updated antivirus and other malware software is also a foolish thing to do

Yeah i know what it is now. If i restore system will all the other data in the hard disk get erased?

No, your programs and user data should not be touched, as long as they were created or installed before the restore point you choose to apply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back