Reinstalling windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
For most xp users you've probably reinstalled your o/s many times and therefore think we are genius, unfortunately when problems arise in doing the simple task that were really quite familiar with we'll were pretty much at the mercy of those kind enough to assist those of us that have a computer that is useless. In todays society we rely on computers far too much anyway and really need to get back to the old way of communicating like face to face i'm thinking but in the interim work is stacked up because my computer is now like a vase just sitting around. Heres the run down. after recieving the blue screen of death i tried reinstalling with o/s disk it starts to reinstall but skips random files most of the files begin with net , not sure how important it is to provide but why not. anyway it continues the process skipping various files then when it restarts it begins the whole process again. I have had only one additional time were i was having difficulty reinstalling and i unplugged the cd drive and reconnected. The other issue that i have had long term is the e drive won't open i believe this to be software related. I also believe that someone may have installed internet tracking software. I've tried every anti virus , firewall software but usually this has made the system more unstable , graphics issues running slow,and they never seem to detect anything . If there is anyone that has any ideas on what to do besides buy a new computer! It would be really appreciated the only other thing that i can say seems unusual is the amount of files dated 7/16/2003 is like 7000 and the computer is only a couple years old also this computer is not part of a network at least it isn't supposta be , but probably is, who knows . it seems that i have windows xp & windows nt Is this normal? yeah I know I'm sounding really stupid here but the only way to learn is by asking and hopefully someone is kind enough to share their wisdom. Yeah It may be FUBAR but it's worth a try!! thank you so much

Place the Windows Setup CD in your CD Drive
Boot or start from the Windows Setup CD

When you see the select partition to install Windows, select to remove the old partition
Once the partition has been removed continue to clean install of Windows

When the Windows Setup has fully completed you will likely need to install your computer's drivers. Here is a good link to find your Drivers: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic117607.html

That's it.

-------------

If there are any issues along the way, ie cannot copy file etc
Try running Memtest on your Ram or a Drive Diagnostics on your HardDrive

------------

Many users elect to Repair their Windows OS
As you have mentioned Viruses I'll first quote this link:
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Otherwise the following guides are extremely helpful in Repairing Windows:
Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back