Relatively new DVD drive incapable of reading Battlefield 3

Hi there. Just picked up my copy of battlefiled 3 and tried to install it, unfortunately without success.. It seems my DVD drive can't read the disc. I've had this problem before when I got Crysis 2, but at that time a was able to fix it by downloading a new update for the driver. Now I've got the latest firmware update, and it still doesn't work. I bought the drive relatively recently, so it can't possibly be worn out or anything like that.

Help? Stuff like this drives me crazy.. :/

Edit: Emm.. something interesting just occured, I tried to put in disc 2 to see if that read and it DID. This is just plain strange :S

Same problem here!

Brand new PC does not read disc 1 from Battlefield 3. It DOES accept disc 2 though.
Don't know what to do, since a very old PC in my house DOES read disc 1 without a problem. Trying to share the working DVD player from my old PC now with my network. Hope it will work...

At least I'm not alone. :) But it's so strange really, I tried the disc on a laptop and it worked there, so the disc itself is not broken. The strangest thing is that disc 2 works, but not disc 1..

My Asus G73JH will not read disc 1 nor 2. Both discs work in my other computer and another DVD works fine in this computer. WTF? Most up to date firmware and drivers installed, this is just weird.

Is it possible to download the client from origin?

Or just swap out your dvd drives?

Not a proper solution i know .. :(

Yea, I downloaded from origin after I found out the DVDs weren't going to work. Played some this morning, good stuff. =]

Hey dude how did u fix it? I have the same problem...it is just a weird problem.. I have battlefield 3 normal edition and thats works fine but I am trying to install premium edition and it doesnt even detecd the disk , I tried in two computers all highly upgraded for any game..any idea..? Email me [email address deleted]

Back