TechSpot

Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed

By Row1
Nov 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, Everyone - I occasionally have to share a large file between one person and another for work. I was using 'yousendit' which worked fine. they have changed to be 'hightail,' and they have a blog - at their blog, there are many comments circa oct 2013 about it now not working, and being buggy. So, I don't want to go with that.

I am looking for current suggestions of a site for file sharing. I am willing to pay a modest fee/month, like $10, to know it will work well and not junk up anyone's computer with any trashy downloader, and is very simple to use - I cannot spend a lot of time teaching people with various levels of web savvy and computer savvy how to make an acct, log in, work some elaborate, "unique" interface, and so on.

I would prefer a service where an email goes to the recipient's email address, they click on the link, and from that, easily select an option to download.

I am not sharing burned CDs or DVDs - I just need to share work-related audio recordings from the person recording to a transcriber.

When I look at reviews on the web, it seems that services change a lot over time, so I don't want to go for what had great reviews a year ago.

Please help with suggestions! -Thanks!

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

Look at shutterfly.com

3. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Booster Posts: 902   +39

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,307   +238

I have no idea if TeamViewer will work for that, but nothing to lose.

5. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Booster Posts: 902   +39

I've only used the remote control portion of this. Think it does file transfer but requires the computer w/ the files to be on.

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,094   +1,521

I think 4Shared is an easy site to use. Login and then select the files you want to upload. It is basically an Online File Manager that is very simple to use. Once logged in there is upload and download buttons. Anyone capable of operating Facebook can easily operate 4Shared.

Edit: For the premium account 1 year license is $6.50 per month. Get 100 GB of storage space, download files instantly without advertisements and much more with premium.

7. sethbest

sethbest TS Enthusiast Posts: 167

Can't believe nobody has suggest https://mega.co.nz/
    It's designed specifically for sharing files with people easily and without a hassle. A lot of the other suggestions here seem to be more for personal storage sites with a secondary ability of file sharing.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.