Remember that Matrox Millenium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Some of you might remember Matrox Millenium videocards, back in the early 90's these ruled in terms of 2d quality, stability and performance, and well, it was all about 2d at the time... if I'm not wrong Matrox was very successful with Milleniums for many many years until consumer 3d cards took over.

According to x-bit labs, Matrox will set Milleniums comeback by the end of this month based on a tweaked Parhelia core and intended for CAD, CAM & MCAD applications.

ahhh... I remember my Millenium I.. I thought it kicked *** until someone lent me a Riva..... its still in use in my cousins machine though

Ahh, thoses where the days...

I remember my old trusty Matrox Millenium 200 AGP, it's still in a closet somewhere here actually...

And then the two Voooo2 boards in SLI mode, heh, now that I think of it, that setup probably cost me near 1000$

I'm actually using a Matrox Millenium G450 in my school computer, making good use of it's dualhead features... I might just buy this new card if it doesn't cost as much as my old trusty G200+Voodoo2 SLI config ;)

Answering my own question here:

Originally posted @ X-Bit Labs.com
Matrox Graphics will offer Matrox Millennium P650 graphics cards with 64MB of memory and DualHead support for 169 Euro, while Millenium P750 with TripleHead support will cost 235 Euro. Both graphics cards will feature 128-bit memory bus and will be typically slower than the original Parhelia 512 in 3D applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back