Remote Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

techuser

Does anybody know how WinVNC works...or any freeware on the net to connect to my remote computer at work. I have XP Home edition at home and I have Win2k desktop under Win NT Server.
At work I have Dynamic IP DSL .....And I cant figure out how to do it.
I tried MS Remote Connection in Program > Accessories...but it says Connection not enabled...whereas I had my somebody at other end to make sure the required steps are configured properly...After checking some articles / notes on MS site it says Win XP with SP1 still has some glitches to connect to remote computer.
After surfing on the net I found WinVNC is freeware....but I dont know how does it work / what to install which side. And also if it works with Dynamic IP...if not then how can I get thru this problem...
....Many thanks

Hey there... i have been using VNC for a while now and i must say its works well. All you have to do is install and run the Server side of it at the comp you want to connect to (PC at work) and install the client on your PC at home. Then make sure the server is running on your PC at work and that you know its IP. Then when home open up the client, type in the IP and connect with the password you set up when installing the server. Thats it. Then you will see your work desktop at home. Its a really cool program. I hope this helped. Let me know how it turns out.
- lalaji

hi thanks for your help. I checked out download.com; there are quite a few version of VNC. Can you guide which one to install ...as I did install full version of VNC at my work computer. Do I need to do the same thing at Client side. Or is there an easier way / site to install
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back