Remote software, specific needs?

I use logmein free, but it doesn't do what I would like it to do (not as far as I know).

I want something that I can access whenever I want, but I want it to be "invisible." Stealth isn't the point here - a notice I'm logged on is fine. I just want to be able to use the connection WITHOUT dominating the computer. I.e., if you've ever used uTorrent's WebUI you know what I mean. With UTWebUI you fire it up on your end, and it passes your commands on to the host's UT client invisibly. So the host user can do whatever he wants with his computer while you're invisibly connected to uTorrent on his machine.

Again, please keep your "SpYinG iz TEH Wrowang" to yourself, because I don't want to spy. A notice would be fine. I just want to be able to use the connection without taking over his desktop. See, he has broadband, and I don't, but he barely uses it, except for light browsing, and I use stuff like UT and he doesn't mind.

But I'd like to have something equivalent to UTWebUI for a web browser so I could, say, download files from download sites. Anyone who's done that knows how enormously tedious it is. You have to download a bunch of RARs or ZIPs, and you have the waiting period, etc. I don't want to have to tie up the host all the time with that crap, so without something like this I won't be able to do the tasks.

Thanks for looking

Back