Remove disks or other media

I woke up this morning to my computer giving me this strange message on boot up. It happened right after the DMI check, the boot step. The message was "remove disks or other media. press any key to restart."

So I am confused try a few things and then go searching for the answer. I came across this thread here techspot.com/vb/topic7789.html

I was able to figure out what was causing it after opening the machine and disconnecting all drives and still getting the message. Last night I put a SD card in my reader, it appears the fix for this message was simply removing the card from the reader.

I just wanted to share to save someone else a reformat since I got lucky this time and figured it out early.

That's it! there was a flash card plugged into the usb card reader. the reason this happened, is because in the system BIOS, the boot sequence is set to boot to a USB device before the local hard drive. So by simply removing the usb device, it cannot boot to it, thus going onto the next device - the local hard dive. Glad you figured it out!

Back