Removed Trojans can't get USB ports to detect camera or iPod

By Tired
Jan 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I just recently cleaned up the computer with help on the forum thank you. I didn't realize till now however that I can no longer get my computer to detect my camera or ipod. The camera I can manually go into it in control panel. The ipod I can't find anywhere on the computer. Not sure where to start here, if I removed some drivers by mistake or what.
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

You can try these first

1) Open Device Manager. Plug in the ipod. Do you see it listed / apear there? or any devices with yellow icons?? Rt the device, select Install then let Windows search for drivers

2) If still a problem, See if this might help How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

There's one more thing but try the above first i think
  3. Tired

Tired Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 23

HI I tried both suggestions no luck. The camera is there but listed as a mass storage device and I went to add scanner or camera and can't get that to work. The Ipod just doesn't show up at all.
  4. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

I glanced at your malware thread. You're still running XP i think? see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925196

If still a problem List any Problem Devices
    • Make sure devices are connected and powered on (e.g. the ipod)
    • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
    • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.