Removed Trojans can't get USB ports to detect camera or iPod

Tired

Hi, I just recently cleaned up the computer with help on the forum thank you. I didn't realize till now however that I can no longer get my computer to detect my camera or ipod. The camera I can manually go into it in control panel. The ipod I can't find anywhere on the computer. Not sure where to start here, if I removed some drivers by mistake or what.

You can try these first

1) Open Device Manager. Plug in the ipod. Do you see it listed / apear there? or any devices with yellow icons?? Rt the device, select Install then let Windows search for drivers

2) If still a problem, See if this might help [post=875300]How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers[/post]

There's one more thing but try the above first i think

HI I tried both suggestions no luck. The camera is there but listed as a mass storage device and I went to add scanner or camera and can't get that to work. The Ipod just doesn't show up at all.

I glanced at your malware thread. You're still running XP i think? see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925196

If still a problem List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on (e.g. the ipod)
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

Back