Removing CiD Advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, about 6 months ago, i had been pestered with CiD advertisements, but after continually blocking them out one by one, i managed to stop them from appearing on my computer, but after installing Firefox 3 (i'm not sure about this, it could be another program, but it started happening around the time of the installation) the CiD popups came back.

I searched the previous threads and haven't tried them because some of them didn't look like the same situation as mine, i'm sorry to bother you, but i'm a computer noob and i'm scared if i try those fixes, my computer might crash.

I have inserted my hijackthis log with this post

Thank you very much.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

seekmo.exe
this 16.exe
Messenger.exe
Lovebike.exe

Close task manager.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

seekmo

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O1 - Hosts: 87.118.118.162 nprotect.roseonlinegame.com

O1 - Hosts: 87.118.118.162 update.nprotect.com

O2 - BHO: Seekmo Search Assistant Helper /fleok=1D8A83A5C7ED187C98AA612A1FBB39BFE4976E26CAEDDA7C5D79442C36CFCA - {5929CD6E-2062-44a4-B2C5-2C7E78FBAB38} - c:\program files\seekmo\seekmohook.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [seekmo] "c:\program files\seekmo\seekmo.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AXIS TONS THE MP3] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Readme Live Axis Tons\this 16.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Fomine Messenger] J:\Fomine Messenger\Messenger.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [user ooze] C:\DOCUME~1\NGOCDI~1\APPLIC~1\PLATFO~1\Lovebike.exe

O16 - DPF: {36A4B20A-2B75-4101-86CE-F9B03CA4B91C} (DownStarter Control) - http://bgweb.clubbox.co.kr/bin/DownStarter.cab

O16 - DPF: {7417F730-7BAB-409E-8BB7-6936D361B869} (MLauncher Class) - http://csweb.netgame.com/holic/MLauncher.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or folders(if there).

c:\program files\seekmo<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Readme Live Axis Tons<Delete the entire folder.
J:\Fomine Messenger<Delete the entire folder.
C:\DOCUME~1\NGOCDI~1\APPLIC~1\PLATFO~1Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Download and install the latest version of Java. 6 update 11.

Go to add remove programmes and uninstall all previous versions of Java.

Post a fresh HJT log and let us know if you're still having any problems.

I have completed all the 8 steps along with the instructions you gave me, I have scanned my computer with HiJackThis again and attached a fresh log,

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back