TechSpot

Removing Dell Dimension 4550 Motherboard

By rudy129
Apr 20, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

Due to my kids constantly plugging things in and out of my USB ports 2 are now broken. I wanted to remove the motherboard so that I can replace the ports. I removed all the screws that I can see holding the board to the case, but it still is being held in by something else. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Xproject187

Xproject187 Newcomer, in training

Dell 4550 Manual

I too have a Dell 4550 & I also know how hard it can be to navigate thru the Dell site But if you click on this link http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4550/
    & select Replacing the System Board You will see that the mobo slides out on a tray.
    Look for a green tab to slide it out then once out one would remove all the screws & then give it a lil push to the left ,kinda like you would on a side cover of a tower.
    Good luck I hope the link is of some help!
    PS: I need a replacement board for My lil girls 4550 since a power surge fried it & it's no longer covered be Dell.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.