removing programs in the registry

By plusfourfour
Mar 25, 2002
  1. Hi! :grinthumb I am trying to get to grips with windows and I am relatively inexperienced but at a stage of learning quite a lot per day. I have some audio DX plugins and I cannot remove them from my registry win98SE Grrrr. I tried to re-install the same plugins but the installer behaved as if they were already in the system (even when I tried deleteing them). I'll just have to put up with it I suppose.

have a nice day anyway. :blush:
  2. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 709

Have you tried using a program like RegCleaner to clean out old programs??? It can be found here:

This kind of program easily cleans out old registry settings with little chance of damaging a registry.
  3. plusfourfour

plusfourfour Topic Starter

I'll try that then, thanks. Is there a freeware program that backsup windows 98SE and your chosen directories? In case my hard disk breaks down. then I could buy a new disk and copy everything important back. I suppose this is not possible and I should just backup directories? :rolleyes:
  4. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 709

I suppose you mean backing up your entire hard drive. So, there is Norton Ghost that does it, EZ-Imager, Partition Magic (my favorite), among others. Not many of these are freeware, but I'll keep looking.

Seems that Windows already has a built in backup with 98SE. Do a google search and you'll find plenty of programs to back up your hard drive.

Also, I believe the RegCleaner program will back up your registry if you want.

Hope this helps!!! :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.