TechSpot

Renaming videos

By circusboy01
Jul 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The majority of the videos I got back using Recuva, the ones that would actually play, came back with numbers, and no names. I want to rename them. But their drop down menus do not have rename as one of the choices, like the desktop icons do. How do I get the names back, or create a blank window so I can type in the name myself? Thanks

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

You can add to the right click context menu with a Registry tweak: See HERE.

NOTE: Before you start editing the registry of your Windows system, keep a backup of the registry file, so that you can easily recover from any disaster.

3. ComputerGuy55

ComputerGuy55 TS Maniac Posts: 530

You should be able to rename a File by simply Single Clicking the file where the Name of the file is... Click it and keep your mouse hovered over the icon. If it doesn't work, wait a second and try Single Clicking the icon again after it has been highlited/selected.. Clicking the file once again where the Name of the file is.

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,305   +238

From the experience I've had renaming videos, it wasn't worth it.
    Some are numbers , some are named & some are alpha numerical. I wish you well.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.