Reoccuring BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new graphics card for christmas Nvidia 8800GTS, then about a month or so after i started to get BSOD some times 12 or more a day, then could go a few days with out any.

When ever my system recovered from a crash it would come back as a diplay driver failed and has recovered, i reverted back to my old graphics card Nvidia 8600, how ever i still get BSOD, but no longer get the display driver errors.

recently i upgraded my Ram to 4gig and still get BSOD. some times i can go a fair few hours with out any crashes, then other times i can have 3 or 4 in about 5 minutes (on a bad day).

i think i first started crashing when i started playing Dawn of war 2, how ever the problem now just seems to be when ever vista feels like, watching a film, browsing the web,

Any advice ?

please help ! =)

hi plutoniumSB

Please post your minidumps on here so we can analyse them and try to help you out.

Spyder_1386 :)

hi plutoniumSB

Your dumps indicate a few different errors. The first error I would like to tackle is the following: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED .... caused by the file ntkrnlmp.exe. This error is usually caused by infection from a Backdoor.NTHack virus. Please follow the 8-step virus removal tool from top to bottom ... https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ ... this is your first objective. Please post your logs in the Virus & Malware Forum so one of the experts can check them out. Report back after you've been helped. Also, it is not necessary to post 4 different zip files for your minidumps - one zip with all 4 files is fine :) .... Good luck!

Spyder_1386 :)

Heya mate, thanks for your help so far, i was wondering if you could tell me what else you noticed in my logs ? is it a hardware fault ? or just software, because i'm thinking about restoring my PC to a previous back up, although if its hardware related, then its a bigger problem.

Cheers, Pluto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back