TechSpot

Reoccuring BSOD

By plutoniumSB
Apr 6, 2009
  1. Got a new graphics card for christmas Nvidia 8800GTS, then about a month or so after i started to get BSOD some times 12 or more a day, then could go a few days with out any.

When ever my system recovered from a crash it would come back as a diplay driver failed and has recovered, i reverted back to my old graphics card Nvidia 8600, how ever i still get BSOD, but no longer get the display driver errors.

recently i upgraded my Ram to 4gig and still get BSOD. some times i can go a fair few hours with out any crashes, then other times i can have 3 or 4 in about 5 minutes (on a bad day).

i think i first started crashing when i started playing Dawn of war 2, how ever the problem now just seems to be when ever vista feels like, watching a film, browsing the web,

Any advice ?

please help ! =)

2. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 563

hi plutoniumSB

Please post your minidumps on here so we can analyse them and try to help you out.

Spyder_1386 :)

3. plutoniumSB

plutoniumSB TS Rookie Topic Starter

These are the last 4 minidumps from the last hour =/

4. plutoniumSB

if you need more, let me more

5. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 563

hi plutoniumSB

Your dumps indicate a few different errors. The first error I would like to tackle is the following: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED .... caused by the file ntkrnlmp.exe. This error is usually caused by infection from a Backdoor.NTHack virus. Please follow the 8-step virus removal tool from top to bottom ... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html ... this is your first objective. Please post your logs in the Virus & Malware Forum so one of the experts can check them out. Report back after you've been helped. Also, it is not necessary to post 4 different zip files for your minidumps - one zip with all 4 files is fine :) .... Good luck!

Spyder_1386 :)

6. plutoniumSB

Heya mate, thanks for your help so far, i was wondering if you could tell me what else you noticed in my logs ? is it a hardware fault ? or just software, because i'm thinking about restoring my PC to a previous back up, although if its hardware related, then its a bigger problem.

Cheers, Pluto

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.